Reporting to General Director in AECS, the CRO will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the AECS Risk Management System across Europe. The role will include analysis and monitoring of key risks and the development of risk standards, processes and policies in accordance with Solvency II Group requirements.
The role will require engagement with stakeholders in Admiral Group; subsidiary entities, regulatory bodies and external parties.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the Risk function to ensure that the Company and subsidiary entities meets the required governance and risk management Solvency II regulatory obligations.
- Defining, implementing, monitoring and maintaining the AECS system of governance and risk management system.
- Support the subsidiary entities in implementing appropriate governance structures and risk management frameworks.
- Development of risk policies and risk appetite and cascade to AECS subsidiary entities to ensure alignment with AECS risk policies, risk tolerance limits and guidelines.
- Oversight of the AECS risk profile, monitoring compliance with AECS risk policies, risk appetite tolerance limits and key risk indicators and tracking risk mitigation activities to remediate appetite breaches.
- Monitoring and challenging risk reporting from subsidiary entities and management actions to mitigate any risk appetite breaches at subsidiary level.
- Support the business in embedding risk and capital assessments into decision making
- Oversee risk assessment analysis and risk monitoring reviews.
- Monitoring and assessing risk management system and internal control environment in place across the Sub-group.
- Reporting on the AECS aggregated risk profile, Group specific risks, risk appetite tolerance limits, key risk indicators and escalation of risk concerns to the relevant risk governance committees and the Board Risk Committee as required.
- Support the subsidiary entities through risk consultancy or other risk services as required.
- Identify, develop and implement risk management best practices and process improvements.
- Leading the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) Process and stress and scenario testing.
- Complete ad hoc reports and manage ad-hoc risk projects.
- Promoting and embedding a strong risk and control culture across the Europe
- Represent the AECS in engagements with regulatory bodies and other external stakeholders in risk management discussions.
Requirements of the position to take into account (Training / Languages / skills)
- 8+ years relevant experience preferably in a Financial Services/Insurance environment
- Risk management experience in professional practice or corporate undertaking
- Thorough understanding of Solvency II regulatory requirements and relevant EU directives
- Proven experience of implementation of regulatory, corporate governance and risk management processes in an insurance undertaking/group
- Experience of managing regulatory issues relating to business on a cross border basis and into new countries
- C1/C2 English
- Excellent communication and team working skills
What we offer?
- Professional development in an international company
- Competitive compensation package
- Share plan
- Flexible schedule
- Work in hybrid model
- Company committed to #Diversity
We are looking for you! surround yourself with a dynamic and professional team in which you will have the opportunity to develop professionally in an unbeatable work environment, where teamwork and our values will make you feel at home.